Dekker Centre COVID-19 Risk Management Policies:
Updated September 27, 2021
Proof of Full Vaccination:
You must be able to provide proof of full vaccination to attend the show. Full vaccination means a complete series of doses by a Health Canada approved vaccine, with a final dose administered at least 14 days prior to accessing the venue.
You can supply proof of vaccination three ways:
- A digital copy of the new COVID-19 vaccination certificate (there is a QR code placed on the COVID-19 vaccination certificate on your e-health record)
- A printed copy of your new COVID-19 vaccination certificate that shows your QR code or the recorded doses.
- We will temporarily accept your SHA vaccination cards with the dates of your vaccination. Please call before the show if you haven’t accessed your e-health account.
You will also have to bring your ID to verify your identity with your proof of vaccination.
The Dekker Centre will not be accepting negative COVID-19 tests in lieu of proof of full vaccination from anyone who is eligible to be vaccinated. The only people that can provide a private, negative COVID-19 test for entry are patrons with exemption from vaccination issued by a physician or nurse practitioner
A few things to note:
- Children under 12 (who currently are ineligible for vaccination) do not have to follow this policy
- Patrons between the ages of 12-17 who may not have photo ID do not have to provide ID with proof of their vaccination
If you require a refund because of the proof of vaccination policy, or cannot make the new date, please call 306-445-7702.
Thank you for your continued support as we navigate this new phase of the pandemic
The following policies are temporary, and will be reviewed regularly as we continue to navigate through the pandemic:
- We require everyone attending publicly ticketed events to wear a mask. This includes staff, volunteers, patrons and artists. The only exceptions are when someone is enjoying a drink and when artiists are performing on stage
- We will continue to offer livestreaming options when possible to provide performing arts programming to patrons who prefer to watch virtually
Rapid Testing for Staff:
- All staff who choose to be will be tested once a week and before large events
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- We will continue to disinfect high touch point areas during events
Stay Home If You Are Sick.
Patrons will be able to exchange their ticket for credit up until the next working day after the show, provided their tickets were not scanned in. There will be no cash refunds unless a show is cancelled due to change in gathering restrictions or public health orders.
New Box Office Hours:
We will adjust Box Office hours as needed
Over the Phone: Monday through Friday- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
In Person: Tuesday through Thursday- 11:00 am- 3:00 pm